Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Sancta Caecilia Ora Pro Nobis!


Saint Cecilia, Guido Reni, 1606

It's  that time of year again -- my feast day!

Earlier this year for our 3rd anniversary my ever-the-poet husband wrote me a beautiful prayer to pray to my patroness. It is meticulously crafted with meaning and symbolism in each and every word! I am so thankful for this beautiful and thoughtful gift to help me further my devotion to my patroness!

Here it is:

St. Cecilia, virgin martyr,
The brightness of whose virginity
And whose martyrdom so ardently
Inspired earth and heaven’s choirs
To resound in ancient harmony, 

 Precentress of the holy altar
Concert my heart to thy melody
And conciliate my soul and body
To praise Him with both harp and lyre
In concord for all eternity.

Amen.



3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful prayer and gift for sure! Happy feast day of your patron Saint and namesake! St. Cecilia has such a powerful story! May she intercede for you often! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful prayer! We named our baby girl we miscarried Cecilia and I love remembering her on her patron/namesake day :) Happy namesake day :)

    ReplyDelete